10 Tips to Rekindle Your Romance
Tip #2 APPRECIATION
Appreciation will rekindle your romance more powerfully than anything I know of. Do you feel appreciated in your relationship? Do you appreciate your partner? Do you express your appreciation? Daily? There are so many ways to show love and appreciation to your partner. Appreciation begins with a state of mind. Take the time to really notice things to acknowledge about your partner. Notice if you spend more time being frustrated and disappointed with things that aren’t happening the way you would like them to happen. Imagine what your life would be like without that person. Be grateful for that wonderful person you call your partner.
Here are a few ways to express appreciation:
- Take your partner’s hands in your hands, facing each other. Look into his/her eyes and express heartfelt, authentic appreciation for your partner’s presence in your life.
- Throughout every day, look for things to thank your partner for, the things they do that make your life easier or more joyful. Express gratitude for things like making the coffee in the morning, doing the grocery shopping, cooking, and taking care of car maintenance or even getting up to let the cat out (that’s one of mine!)
- Take the initiative to think of fun, new things for the two of you to do. Make all the plans and really make it happen.
- Surprise your partner with breakfast in bed or their favorite dinner after work.
- Give your partner a card for no special occasion other than that you love him/her.
- Write your partner a poem or a letter of appreciation.
These may seem corny but trust me, they really work. Oh and make sure to show your partner this article!
I would love to know the ways that you express your appreciation to your partner.
Please post your ideas and I will include them (anonymously) in my newsletter!
Diana Concoff Morgan, M.A., H.H.E , Minister
can be reached at 925-980-9052 or www.WholeHeartPath.com